Friday, August 1, 2014

01.08.2014

I had a discussion with my friend. Ranting about English. People nowadays could not even speak proper English. Okay, fine. I know my english is not that excel but even I could not understand how far could you go? You as a trainer, and you yourself could not even pronounce a word correctly how could you expect others to understand. Sometimes, you dont have to throw all the jargons out and exaggerated vocabularies to please everyone or bragged around how good your english are. The key here is, YOU YOURSELF HAVE TO UNDERSTAND. Make it simple and nice will do. I contemplated last night. Cause i dont understand why is this happening. I will advise you to speak more, flip through some novels or newspaper. It might help a little. Thats how i got my english back to track. At least in competent level. Maybe you could write fantastically, when it comes to verbal you failed. How could you present yourself when you needed to? When you started to speak, you go stuttered. How impress could that be?

So back to the incident. First of all, this post is not trying to project any contempt. Just my very own thoughts. Ok,  I went to this training which conducted by a not-so-good-english speaker. Once again, I am not a perfect english speaker too, but just in a competent level.  So, all of us filled in the training room, some standing and some took a seat. Me and my colleagues were standing with our back facing the wall. At the second where the conductor started to speak i shocked. I shot a wild look at my colleague and mouthed "You understand?". Amusingly, she shooked her head. I had three options. One, ask questions. But not even the leads looks doubtful, yet again who am i to ask? Second, I will just keep quiet and hence leads to ZERO input. Third, I proudly walked out from the room while 20 people with 20 pairs of eyes shooting glares at me. At the end, i chose the SECOND. It means that, i learnt nothing. Yes, nothing. I was trying real hard to focus, at end i failed, uglily. So,i gave up.

When my TL (not in the training) asked me what have you learnt? I said,Grammars and pronounciations? It came out meaner than what it supposed to be. I am sorry okay, cause i was born to be mean and sarcastic.

I apologize for being a jerk. But is my reflex action okay? Will be back real soon.

0 testimonials: